John B. Jones, M.D.
||John B. Jones, M.D.|
Cataract & Lens Implant Surgery, Glaucoma
Dr. John B. Jones is the leader of Jones Eye Centers' cataract surgery team. With more than 20 years experience in cataract surgery, he has been a pioneer in cataract removal and lens implant procedures.
Dr. Jones has participated in numerous clinical studies and has performed more than 20,000 cataract surgery procedures. Dr. Jones has served as a medical monitor for several studies and continues to review surgical techniques and analyze clinical study data, and trains surgeons from around the world on new surgical techniques.
- Member, RSIG Executive Board, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Past Board member, American College of Eye Surgeons
- Member, Medical Education Group Advisory Board
- Member, American Board of Ophthalmology
- One of the top 10 cataract surgeons in the nation, Ophthalmology Times
- Best Doctors in America lists, multiple times
Dr. Jones' scientific articles and papers have appeared in numerous professional medical publications. He serves on the editorial board for Ocular Surgery News and Review of Ophthalmology. Dr. Jones has given hundreds of presentations for professional organizations around the world.
Dr. Jones received his medical doctorate and completed his residency at the University of Missouri. He completed a fellowship in cataract surgery and is is a board-certified ophthalmologist. He serves as an associate clinical professor at the University of Kansas Medical Center.